Canara Bank | How to Open a Canara Bank Savings Account Online
Canara Bank was established in July 1907 by Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a brilliant visionary and philanthropist in Mangalore, which at the time was a relatively modest port town in the state of Karnataka.
Over the course of its one hundred years of existence, the Bank has progressed through a number of stages along the path of its development trajectory.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Apply For These Covid-19 Hardship International Scholarship
The growth of Canara Bank was tremendous, particularly when it was nationalized in the year 1969. As a result, the bank was able to achieve the position of a national level operator in terms of its geographical reach and the customer sectors it served.
One hundred years of continuous service in the Indian banking business were brought to a successful close by the Bank in June of 2006.
The historic path of the Bank has been marked by a number of significant milestones throughout its existence.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 7 Best Colleges In Canada For International Students To Study
Canara Bank is regarded as one of the most prestigious financial institutions in India at the present time.
What Exactly is Canara Bank DiYA?
Canara DiYA is an online service that allows users to create savings accounts with Canara Bank.
Canara DiYA may be accessed using a web browser as well as an app.
DiYA is an acronym that stands for Digitally Your Account.
Creating an online account is a straightforward procedure that can be completed in a matter of minutes.
How to Open a Canara Bank Savings Account Online
- Download the Canara Diya app or go to this website to begin the online account opening procedure in a web browser.
- If this is your first time creating a Canara Bank account, choose ‘I think I’m seeing you for the first time.’
- To continue, enter your Aadhaar number, agree to the terms & conditions, and hit ‘Verify.’ Following that, you must agree various terms and conditions, including the FATCA statement. Click ‘I agree’ if you are an Indian resident citizen. Enter the OTP you got in your registered mobile number.
- Your basic information, such as name and Aadhaar address, will be retrieved from the Aadhaar database.
- You may add your communication address if it differs from your Aadhaar address.
- You must decide whether you wish to continue with or without your PAN card. If you don’t have a PAN card, choose ‘I don’t have PAN,’ and if you do, select ‘I have PAN.’ People who do not have a PAN should fill out Form 60 and return it to the nearest local bank branch. If you have a PAN, enter it and click the verify button to proceed.
- You could supply your passport number and voter identification number. It is not, however, essential. Include your profession and earnings.
- You will now see a list of the account’s features, such as a debit card, online banking, and so forth. Fill in your father’s name, mother’s name, and nominee information. Choose your branch, state, and location to find the closest bank branch.
- To register for a bank account, provide your phone number and email address. Input the one-time password (OTP) that was sent to your registered cellphone number. Select ‘Open Account.’
Your account is now active, and you will see your account information, such as account number and branch, on the screen as well as by email and text message.